stryper
I just wanna ride

Bikes: 2013 BMC Impec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Restore a Jack Taylor

I was doing some organizing on my storage unit (stand-in garage for now) and another unit was selling a bunch of bikes and parts. Turns out the owner of a bike store died and passed along all of his inventory and it had been sitting for years and years. Long story short I now own this:

Everything works but it's in roughish shape. Looking for some helping getting it back into tip top shape. It for sure needs:
-New bar tape, maybe new rear bars in general depending on how my wife feels. Color?
-New brake and shifter cables/housing. Never bought either for a tandem so no idea what's good.
-New tires. I was thinking Schwalbe Kojak but they max out at 35mm and I might want something closer to 40mm. There's 37mm Vittoria Randonneur on there now and it has clearance for larger. Wheels are 700c btw. Continental Contact II in 37mm? Our combined weight is 310lbs if that helps.
-New seats, I likely have a few sitting around that'll work for me but she has a bit of a large posterior and definitely needs something comfortable.

I want to keep things on the affordable side for now and am more than willing to upgrade later once I've seen it's getting enough use.