View Single Post
Old 09-25-17, 01:18 PM
nfmisso
Nigel

Bikes: 1980s and 1990s steel: CyclePro, Nishiki, Schwinn, SR, Trek........

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stryper View Post
....-New bar tape, maybe new rear bars in general depending on how my wife feels. Color?
-New brake and shifter cables/housing. Never bought either for a tandem so no idea what's good.
-New tires. I was thinking Schwalbe Kojak but they max out at 35mm and I might want something closer to 40mm. There's 37mm Vittoria Randonneur on there now and it has clearance for larger. Wheels are 700c btw. Continental Contact II in 37mm? Our combined weight is 310lbs if that helps.
-New seats, I likely have a few sitting around that'll work for me but she has a bit of a large posterior and definitely needs something comfortable.
- Jagwire Slick Stainless - coated cables and lined housing because the runs to the rear are long.
- Kenda https://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Kwest-C.../dp/B00KXXH2NM not popular, but are great riding tires.
- be careful of going too wide - leads to chafing of the inner thigh - VERY painful.

Don't forget new brake pads; I like Koolstop Salmon.

I am jealous I had a Jack Taylor frame for awhile, a little too tall for us, yours would be perfect.