Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6163 Post(s)
Liked 4,782 Times in 3,300 Posts
Originally Posted by cpach
Ideal bike geometry varies between flat and drop bars, so it may not fit or ride that well.
This is a deciding consideration for me. I only do road bikes so MTB's and hybrids are not something I know much about. I always assumed that the frame geometries were the same between hybrids and road bikes.

I also didn't notice that the bike had cantilever brakes as someone else pointed out. So that complicates things considerably. Or is that not correct, the one I just googled had disc's.

Originally Posted by cpach
The op in contrast has an inexpensive flat bar hybrid with disc brakes. The situations do not invite comparison.
Inexpensive is the key here. If the frame is appropriate geometry and weight, then not having to buy a frame does let you build a better bike than you can buy. But only if you can do all your own building and are willing to scour the internet and be patient for deals.

But if the OP's frame geometry is wrong, and especially if the current bike weighs more than 24 pounds or so, I'd pass on major upgrades. (The 24 pounds is my limit, If others have a different limit, I've no issue with that.)

Last edited by Iride01; 09-27-17 at 09:48 AM.