View Single Post
Old 09-27-17, 08:26 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4350 Post(s)
Liked 3,989 Times in 2,663 Posts
My cheeks give another vote for the Brooks Cambium C17 Carved, I have 2 of them and a C13 carved in the same width (it just has crabon rails). I wish I had the new All-weather one for my cross and touring rigs but that may happen in the future. Certainly get measured though and make sure the C17 is right for you size wise.

I would also recommend using a good chamois cream. I like Chamois Glide as it is like a small deodorant stick (easy to apply) and it is vegan (no testing or animal ingredients in any of their products currently unless something changed). Keep your taintal area clean as well. If you are in a hotel then take a nice shower and use a good soap (Dr. Bronner's is the best and also happens to be vegan and can be used for many things other than body washing) and maybe some tea tree oil. Make sure to get it nice and dry afterwards with as much time to breathe as possible. When I do get sores I tend to go with Florasone (not tested on animals and as far as I can tell no animal ingredients)

One other useful tip take some time off the bike and give everything time to heal. If you have the time, give your saddle a little bit of cleaning as well.