Old 10-02-17, 10:06 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by jrbz
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
Yeah, if you actually adventure around for a bit, you realize that there are plenty of places you neither intended to go nor should be, that you need to get out of as quick as possible.

And no I am not talking about seeing a bit more of poverty than you are used to (some of those are the most wonderful places I have been), I am talking about places that are downright not intelligent to be. Say, an otherwise normal looking pub in industrial Budapest where the waitresses were running every transaction through burly guys near the exits and taking patrons into back rooms, or the road I inadvertently walked down in Bangalore where touts were somewhat forcefully promising me girls for incredibly cheap prices.

I love adventure, but I've got a few more stories like that that that make me wonder how I haven't made a more tragic choice in my adventuring. I'm cool with taking the safe options.