Old 10-03-17, 03:06 PM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by masch

Yes I am in the UK. Both look really nice and the second one (evolve200) especially although it says 7 Shimano gears but there is no rear derailleur? But I don't really want to spend time thinking about it, both are way above my budget. The £150 bike is already a price I'd have to really stretch out my budget for.

(btw can anyone comment on the £99 bike or the other 2 eBay bikes I posted before?)
The Evolve 200 has Shimano Nexus 7 hub gears which is gears within the hub itself so are not visible externally. This is a higher cost gearing system than entry level derailleurs which is ideal for folding bikes and normally costs much more.

SG-7R46

Ignore the mention of roller brakes on the hub the Evolve has V brakes but the gearing is the same.

The cheaper ebay bikes will be usable but you are looking at products with entry level components which may be weak, require additional maintenance and will have a shorter lifespan. It doesn't mean they won't do the job but it's a route that may cause problems. Also be wary that some ebay folding bikes have low weight limits, sometimes as low as 60kg. Make sure you read the full description if heavier than that. You may have to spend some time adjusting them correctly when you get them but this is common to a lot of bikes purchased on the internet especially at lower prices.

Anyway best of luck with your Tern fix.