View Single Post
Old 10-04-17, 09:15 PM
Maverick 13330

Bikes: 2005 GIANT STP2, 2015 ROAM3, 1993 Trek 7900 Multitrack, Critical Single Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broken foot
Thanks for answers. It all makes sense but my concern is about the joint stability.
This ankle is weak because I started spraining it when I was 7, physio and various treatments only had a limited success. It’s not that easy to tell if something is good or bad, I have been overcautious and this led to reinjuries, so I absolutely need to exercise the leg.
This is my first proper fracture, x rays show break in the ankle and foot bone, but no major displacement so no surgery is needed, I’ll be casted when swelling reduce. After the cast I think ankle will be weaker and painful so will be even harder to exercise it. My doctor told I will be weight bearing 1 day after the cast is removed but I have doubts.
Actually you bear weight while on cast. The Doctor is right to clear you on FWB(full weight bearing) activity. Dont bother yourself on your muscles becoming weak. Its just normal due to inactivity. It will re-educate itself to its fxn the very time the cast comes off.