Old 10-09-17, 08:10 PM
dksix

Bikes: Basso Luguna, Fuji Nevada

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4261 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdmc530
I got an old school gopro. Its fun to mess with and i can get about 4-5 hours out of it onthe low quality settings. I don’t run it constant but always when on a road and when i get the “gut feeling”. Can catch some fun stuff too.
Originally Posted by luddite_68
Do you think you could read a license plate on the low quality setting?
I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. I get right around an hour on a battery at 1080p, never tried it on lower settings. I use OEM GoPro batteries, have hear mixed results on after market batteries. I was just curious how one of the knock offs would do compared to a real GoPro so I ordered one straight out of China. I actually find it better equipped and easier to use, bought it for $28-$32 IIRC (I can look through my eBay purchases if you want an exact cost or link). The knock off weighs maybe half what the GoPro weighs, I don't know why except that the batteries are lighter in the knock off but a 4 pack of batteries for it cost about what 2 GoPro batteries cost.

How long is you commute? If less than 50 minutes the knock off may be something you may want to try. Change the battery before and after your ride to work in the mornings. The one I bought did 4K at 15 FPS, 2.7K at 30 FPS down to 720p at 60 FPS. I came with a bunch of mounts and straps and stuff. If I wanted to carry one on the road bike I'd try the knock off to test battery life.

Like I said, if you want likes, let me know and I'll look it up.