View Single Post
Old 10-14-17, 10:07 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,046 Times in 1,170 Posts
I’d be tempted to say return it, except your 2 current issues, BT and elevation are common to a lot of different units, Wahoo and Garmin.

I suspect the BT dropouts are actually phone related, not the fault of the device(s) My Bolt loses the connection to the companion app during a ride. I don’t pay much attention to it as I don’t care about messages, I only notice after the ride on a remote finish, when the unit won’t automatically port the ride to RWGPS. If it has no BT connection, the ride won’t save to the phone app, thus cannot use cell data to send to RWGPS. I use an iPhone on iOS 11.

Elevation as well, is a big complaint across devices and I suspect it inaccuracies between the map data, the 14 ft location error inherent in all GPS units and the inability of the units to calculate quickly enough where you are on a climb as you are moving. Then you add in that GPS in general sucks at elevation, combined with barometric sensors, and I just suspect the limited processing power in the units can’t deal with it all. Thus wonky information displayed.

Thus I’d maybe wait on the return

Last edited by Steve B.; 10-14-17 at 10:15 AM.