Old 10-17-17, 05:53 PM
Colnago Mixte

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Probably more than they are worth unfortunately. I have to admit that the paint scheme was what caught my attention while looking for a 1987 Paramount. Then once I researched and figured out that they were a little part of Schwinn's history I had to have it. Love to take it out rocking an old Replica Team USA jersey and socks.

These PDG's are good fast bikes aren't they?

Very stiff frame, you have to really stomp on it to get any flex, but you get back everything you put in (with a little change). If you like pounding big gears and torturing a frame, this is is the one to get. I'm not aware of too many other bikes that use the Tange OS tubing, it's good stuff. I wonder why it wasn't used more?

Excellent balance on those bikes, for some reason it's a really easy bike to do trackstands on. I can't explain it, but I just feel like a professional riding this bike. Still mostly stock for now, definitely a work in progress that might involve a paint job at some point. The factory paint jobs on these bikes were sometimes pretty hideous. Mine is no exception.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
11DSCN0959 copy.jpg (230.4 KB, 780 views)