Old 10-18-17, 02:08 AM
WillBradley1

Bikes: Sid Standard Superbe (1981) - Benotto Modello 1700 Pista (1976) - DBS damesykkel (1960)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! Here are some photos of the old tire set up. Maybe I was trying to inflate them too much, Im not familiar with gauging pressures on feel and my pump doesnt have a dial. But its a poundshop pump so I just assumed it wasnt capable of too high pressures. And I probably shouldnt be commuting on this but I salvaged it and did a super cheap restoration of the poor bike, im now very fond of it and im currently living abroad and very poor so it has to do!

I am sure the rim is marked 26" 1 3/8. (its marked on the inside and I forgot to take a picture apologies). But I learnt the hard way about the different 26" sizes. I salvaged the bike with no front wheel, just a back wheel without a tire, so there were no old tires to compare it to. When I bought a new front rim hoop I happily just went off 26" and it was completely different, so I now am fully clued up on the plethora of 26" inch variations, the combination in the photos were meant to be correct.

It was urgent I sort this as a single hour walking commute is enough for this year, so yesterday after work I went to my local shop and pre-purchase borrowed a 584 low end schwalbe tire to just present to the 590 rim and scope out the fit. It look feasible so I went for it and with only alittle leverage at the end it was on like a dream! There was plenty of depth to the rim and its all very rounded and smooth so maybe its seated alittle deeply now but after all this **** I would call it a perfect fit!

Dont want to get too excited as its only made this mornings cycle in, but ill report back with some pictures after a week if its fully succesful.

Thanks for the replies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1492.jpg (732.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0954.jpg (1,005.0 KB, 26 views)