View Single Post
Old 10-19-17, 10:36 AM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LBlady111
Currently I have Schwalbe Kojak tires on that are 20 inch and 1.25 width. I am looking for just a bit more comfort and so am thinking to increase width of tires. Took my bike to a shop and the owner said he has two options that might work for me if I want to change the tires. He said there are Schwalbe 20 inch 1.75 width for $55 each or Panaracer Pasela same size/width tho they have a sort of tan sidewall vs. being all black. He said they're a good tire and a good price ($30 each).

What do you think? Anybody know if Panaracers are comparable tire to the Schwalbe? I googled what they look like and the tan or beige sidewall seems Ok though I wouldn't want to compromise quality. Then again I just use my bike to ride around my hood more than anything else and it's been quite good for that.

I had originally added a new post with a Thud buster and a pretty cushy Cloud 9 seat for my low back probs and had been Ok until I hurt my left achilles tendon and had to be on crutches, then my already established posterior tibial tendonitis in both feet kicked in and then my back went out so the back flare up has been taking what seems like forever to get over. Anyway that's my rational for trying wider tires.
So you think the Thudbuster and different saddle have something to do with your other problems?

Schwalbe tires come in lots of flavors. It's hard to comment with only the size. If you want to give some business to your LBS, you can always ask for Schwalbe Big Apples if he/she thinks that they'll fit. The balloon tires are great for a cushy ride plus some flat protection.

I never heard of Panaracer Paselas in 20". In 26" and 700c they're a good all-rounder tire, IMO.

My favorite tire of late is the Tioga PowerBlock which comes in 20x1.75" plus lots of other sizes. Supple tire with a nice ride, IMO.