Old 10-22-17, 04:34 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
The ISoSpeed “decoupler” in the seatpost and stem is definitely noticeable and effective on rough surfaces. It is not like a mountain bike suspension - pot holes are still pot holes, rail road tracks are still rail road tracks. But, it definition reduced the jolt in the seat on fairly big bumps and reduces the kinda buzz in my hands/arms on corrugated surfaces, like gravel or tar/chip roads. Recently rode a 3 mile stretch of road that had been ground down for resurfacing - did a great job on that.

Miy change jar was definitely need not big enough for the $12k version! My NewYears deal with myself was that if I lost 10 lbs I would buy a bike that weighed 10 lbs less that the 520...

Originally Posted by ptempel
Glad to hear that you solved your rubbing problem and that the fitter helped to diagnose it. That's a good fitter to offer to come back and check for free. I looked up your bike and I see that its a nice one. Do you notice any difference with the "iso speed decoupler?" Those Trek Domane SLR Disc bikes go up to $12,000 bucks. Yeeow... BTW, I weigh about the same as you but am a few inches taller. Ride on!