View Single Post
Old 10-24-17, 06:43 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: Giant Rapid, Bianchi Advantage, Specialized Roubaix, 1985 Gardin Quatro, Norco Threshold, Raleigh Serengheti MTB

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1720 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by providencebikes View Post
ok i see but would taking the tt bike frame and putting normal drop bars give me an advantage in training , getting more fit , and being able to ride faster longer or , basically just use the frame for a cheap earo boost without paying a lot , i have 22 lbs bikes now are tt bike lighter , stiffer , i dont know much about them ..
As I said, a TT frame has a geometry that puts the saddle further forward. It is not the most comfortable riding position, especially if you stick a set of drop bars on it. Get your aero boost by riding in a more aeor position on your road bike. You will not gain any aeor advantage with a TT frame with drop bars vs a road bike with drop bars.

Also, the weight of the bike is almost a non-issue, and 22 pounds is not that heavy.

Anyway, it sounds like you're bent on trying to make this work. Maybe someone else will chime in and give you what you want to hear.