Thread: 2017 Tall Boy?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-17, 08:29 AM
scotch
purity of essence

Bikes: 2004 Bianchi Axis, 2007 Torelli Corsa Strada, 2012 Santa Cruz Superlight 29, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarryVee View Post
Owning a SC you probably already know they have a lifetime frame and suspension bearing warranty. And they've got threaded bottom brackets.

I'm on a D+ option and find it's a blast to ride. Traction & climbing are the biggest positives, frequent pedal strikes and tight maneuverability are negatives.
Tight downhill turn correction can be a problem for me too, a better rider would do much better. Those Maxxis 2.8" tubeless at low pressures provide awesome confidence inspiring traction, plus they absorbs smaller bumps too. Rode hard on slick or loose over hard they might drift, but always in a controllable manner for me (so far). 2.8" is about the widest tire my older Yakima rack front tire hoops are good for, had to replace rear wheel straps as older OEM were too short for plus sized tires. Can't compare to a 29'er having never ridden one, and am an older & not a real aggressive rider.
Link to a Tallboy 3 27.5+ review below.

Santa Cruz Tallboy 27.5 Plus Review ? meticulist

Thanks for much for the reply and feedback, Barry. I'm also older and not real aggressive, so your review is great. I'm going to see if I can locate a 27.5 for a test run. Cheers!