Old 10-25-17, 06:12 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
the frame on Bromptons now, are rather long, its like a virtusal 24" top tube, But typically people set the saddle fairly forward,

It does after all have the seat post passing behind the BB , not directly above it like regular bikes..

then the M bar gets adjusted to be a little closer to you ,

I suspect you did not even try to adjust it that little bit , but I was not there to watch..

The shop tried to make it work for me. I have a strange body due to some injuries. The adjustments for reach put my knees in the wrong position on the crank. Shop said smaller cranks would help but they are extra. I can't ride upright due to my back, I need a 50-60 degree bend and the M bar was too high. S bar was too low but again shop said I could get a riser bar replacement on the M stem with cable length adjustment - again at extra cost. And none of the fit options were guaranteed to work so I could have been out a fair amount and still not comfortable. I had my fit info from my professional fit and I'm pretty good at knowing what feels right now. Yes - it could have probably been made to fit, but why buy a bike that doesn't fit and spend more to make it fit??? BF was the right solution for me.