Old 10-29-17, 05:38 PM
desertdork
just pokin' along

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by taz777
I'm just about to order the Topeak Mini Morph. Is the 'G' version (i.e. the one with the gauge) much bulkier and worth the extra? It's only a little more cash and I haven't placed the order yet.
My Road Morph G is out of commission and due for replacement. Might rebuy,...might go a different route.

The gauge is fine as you can watch as you’re hitting ideal PSI w/o pausing. However, checking for suitable pressure w/o a gauge is as simple as sitting on the bike and looking at the tire.

The foot peg is a good feature but prone to damage even when carefully used.

The o-ring on the plunger doesn’t like to get to dry. If you notice the pump becoming less efficient or suddenly failing to catch at all, lubricate the o-ring. If out on a ride, saliva will do. At home, silicone lube if you have a tube. When you have the plunger out, check for debris in the pump body and clean as necessary.

Speaking of the o-ring, I’d suggest picking up a spare. They do wear.

Regarding frame mount: Unless the design recently changed, you cannot piggyback the pump mount with a bottle cage. However, if you don’t have spare bosses to dedicate to the Morph, you can use the included cable ties.