Old 10-31-17, 11:14 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
Maybe you have esoteric bike shops in the IT dominated Bay Area.. thsat are experienced with the Velocity house brand hubs

here, I'd stick with More common 105 hubs from Shimano, rather than ;

Due to world wide spare parts availability and most bike shops are familiar with servicing them.

Bike Friday for 349-16" wheels uses a 24 spoke rim, on my bike its Sun CR18.. rear hub 36 hole..
but they have experience at wheelbuilding using skip hole spoke pattern lacing ..

you may be able to get them to use a 28 hole hub and rim.. 4 spokes dont weigh that much more..

more = stronger wheel ..

* But I note they offer a Sram/Shimano Cassette driver.. IDK if its Steel, for durability or light alloy to cut grams.

Velocity Wheels - Hand Made in USA

they use a 100mm fork ?, or the more folding bike typical narrower 74mm the Velocity, hub may not be offered in 74,

but they likely have a high quality 24 hole cartridge bearing 74mm hub, if not Phil Wood , San Jose, does.

Sometimes your posts confuse the heck out of me....the pakiT elite uses the same velocity race hub 100mm as an option so I'm not sure why you mention 74mm hubs as it doesn't apply to the pakiT?

24 spokes will be fine for me, i weight 135lbs. AFAIK hubs are hubs in terms of servicing them? I won't be taking the bike out of the U.S. so not too worried about parts. My son has velocity hubs on his commuter and he's had no problem getting them serviced at several shops during tuneups.