View Single Post
Old 11-01-17, 11:35 PM
rideandgoseek 

Bikes: 1974 Behringer Custom, 1975 Schwinn Paramount, 1975 Windsor Profesional, 1976 Gios Super Record, 1985 Schwinn Paramount, 1985 Trek 770, 1993 Holland Ti Custom, 2000 Tommasini Sintesi, 2001 Colnago C40, 2019 Canyon Grail AL 7.0

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 45 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Definitely excited about the new addition and I think Bill nailed it in saying I would be a 'custodian' for the bike because all really well built older steel bikes will probably outlive us if treated well and maintained over the years. I plan to do just that.

I think it's worth noting that the moment I knew this deal was gonna go down was when Bill told me the bike's name was Floyd and that I should buy the 'Dark Side of the Moon' jersey. Absolutely love that and my jersey is on its' way!

@RiddleOfSteel I couldn't agree more about the sexy rubber clearance of this guy. The guys at my lbs are obsessed as well. Is that because of the shorter wheelbase I've read these 700 Series Treks have?

@jpaschall For some reason I have always been a production bike guy. Think it was because of my start with mostly mid to higher level Japanese stuff that performed top notch and had incredibly unique and high quality paint/frame/component combos. You could look at a particular bike and know exactly what year it was made, what the original factory components were and what paint it should have. I have been fortunate enough to buy and sell a lot of beautiful Japanese bikes in the past few years that fit that mold and fueled my desire for better and better production bikes. You're not kidding when you say this is a grail bike

@TheGoldenBoy Wanted to attach a pic of the '85 Trek 760 for you as well. Per the '85 catalog the official paint color is Beaujolais which I discovered after checking with my wife, is a region in France known for their red wine. Made sense to me and made me love it even more. Since I've purchased that bike I've always heard her tell her friends to "find someone who looks at you, the way Matt looks at his bikes." Always thought that was funny...

PS - I couldn't agree more when you say the 760 is badass but the 770 means business!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
85 Trek 760.jpg (1.25 MB, 397 views)

Last edited by rideandgoseek; 11-01-17 at 11:41 PM.