View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 03:04 PM
ATPAH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
For those of you considering a carbon Renegade, I now know two people who have had their seat stay break in the same spot JRA. One of them is 225# and rides aggressively, but the frame shouldn't break after less than 500 miles off-road. The other guy is maybe 175# and doesn't venture off-road much at all. They've been covered by the lifetime frame warranty, but if you are deciding between steel and carbon, it's something to consider. I went into a shop looking for a steel Exploit, got offered a carbon Expert for less, and jumped on it. I've got buyer's anxiety now, if not remorse. I don't intend to change my ways with the bike. I weigh about the same as my lighter friend, but I ride aggressively like my bigger friend, although I do tend to spend more time out of the saddle than either of them. We'll see how it goes, and I'll report back if there is any news on this front. If I do break it, I'll definitely see about getting a steel frame for my warranty claim, since there seems to be a pattern here.