View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 10:37 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
I would love to hear about nostalgia--a memory of a happy time, and missing that happiness now that it's gone--and how it related to being carfree and carlight. Maybe you can just the first pleasant thought that comes to mind. You can be as brief or as detailed as you want to be.
I remember during college getting a part time job at a trucking company located in the middle of a swamp about 12 miles away from school. It would take two buses and a mile walk down a road that had no sidewalks and was pitch black to arrive at work!! I was crazy back then to even take this job since I didn't own a car and I'd leave at 11:00 at night! Let me tell you it was an adventure! I would eventually start bike commuting to work but back then I didn't use lights or even a helmet. I didn't even have a patch kit but it didn't matter because I wouldn't be able to fix a flat anyway!! LOL.

Fortunately, they relocated me closer where I would only have to take one bus. However, the new office was down a huge mountain that I had to climb up and out of each night! That was an adventure also! I don't miss working for that company anymore so much as I miss being young.