Old 11-27-17, 11:21 AM
theHomelessJedi

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Allez Sport w/ Shimano Sora Comp.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I grew up here in state, so I am definitely biased, but I love it honestly.
Pretty new to the cycling community, been riding seriously for about a year.
There is a pretty large roadie community in LR and the Central part of the state. Lot's of public trails and support from local organizations, with several big races each year, along with a ton of smaller races. Burns Park has a Tuesday night Crit Series during the summers, and into late August.
Northwest Arkansas (NWA) has A TON of Mtn Bike trails that are usually very well kept, and the local towns love the Mtn Bike Community, especially the Bentonville area, which is where the IMBA World Summit was hosted this past year.
There are also a decent amount of cycling clubs in the Central part of the state and others in some of the larger outlying cities. Some of the largest are CARVE(Central AR Velo), MTCCLR(Maj Taylor Cycling Club of Little Rock - "Rock City Riders"), and Mello Velo. Depending on your competitiveness, you should be able to find some friends in any of the local clubs.
Lastly, there are a lot of local bike shops in central Arkansas as well as NWA, and in the Jonesboro area. Most of the shops host Saturday morning shop rides during the warmer months.
Where are you planning on calling home??