View Single Post
Old 11-29-17, 09:13 PM
justinkase

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike for my 6'4" 240lb brother and I?

My brother is a big guy but he's actually down to 240lbs from 300lbs. I've been wanting to get into cycling for a while now and I talked him into it back then but he was just too big. Now he and I are consistently losing weight and keeping it off on the keto diet and no exercise, so I think it's a good time to get into this. I want to get him a bike for Christmas but the thing is I'm still a bit lost when it comes to bikes and sizing, not to mention the issues concerning his weight. We will just be riding paved/dirt trails in local parks, nothing major. I'm thinking a hybrid bike would be best for this. I will be honest, I want to keep it under $200 because I'm not certain he will actually stick with it. However, I doubt that's enough for any bike worth buying that will support his weight. So lets say my budget is $400 or less. He can get a nicer bike later if he sticks with it and loses more weight, same with me. I'm also looking for a bike for myself with about the same budget if you have any recommendations.

He is 6'4", 240lbs with a 33.5" inseam measurement. I'm 6', 180lbs with a 33" inseam measurement. Thanks.