Old 11-30-17, 03:20 PM
prathmann

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I doubt that there's any clear dividing line where a given saddle will quickly fail for anyone who is over 200 lbs. but will last for a satisfactory time for anyone who is under 160 lbs. Cyclists vary considerably in their riding style in terms of how they handle bumps in the road and also how smooth their pedaling is that will affect how much stress they put on a saddle and other parts of the bike.

I could certainly see a company rating their saddle as being suitable for anyone up to 240 lbs. but then changing their recommendation if they have a new model that they feel is superior for those toward the upper end of that range. That doesn't suddenly make the original model unsuitable for those from 190 - 240 lbs. but just indicates that given the new choice of a model with thicker leather they now feel it would be better for those riders.

Since you have their X model I'd think your decision on a second saddle would be determined primarily based on your personal evaluation of that saddle. Is it comfortable and appear to have the right amount of give? If yes, then why change what works but if you think a little firmer leather would be better then go with the H model. OTOH, if you don't like the comfort based on aspects of its shape (width, length, contour) then consider options from other manufacturers such as Brooks.