bigbossman 
Dolce far niente

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by koffee brown
Really- they are all the same......
Not sure I agree with this. I've been spinning for about 2 years at the local club, and in that time have ridden a variety of higher end club bikes.

The Schwinns are darn near bullet proof, and all the other brands I've ridden don't compare favorably to the Schwinn for durabiity, smoothness, and tension adjustability.

About a year ago, the clib started phasing out the Schwinns in favor of some brand labeled "Tomahawk". Those things were the biggest POS on the planet. Tension adjustment was crap, the bikes did not ride smooth, and the real capper - crank arms were actually snapping off during class. I personally witnessed this 3 times. People were complaining daily, and the factory actually sent a team of "experts" to quell the revolution that was formenting. They couldn't.

The Schwinns started coming back into the lineup, and everyone is happy now. They integrated a few "Spinner" marked bikes, and they seem pretty solid, too.

Were I to spend the cash for a spinning bike, my experience would lead me straight to the Schwinn Evolution.

S. J. Perelman