Old 12-04-17, 12:24 PM
WNCGoater

Bikes: Diamondback Century 3. Marin Four Corners

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Craptacular8 View Post
I'm out of the saddle for rr crossings, etc every time, but I ride gravel. If the saddle isn't up to that task, it probably should state, for smooth roads only. The original T series was up to 150 lbs, X above that. I weigh 150, but bought the X. I've gotten a few seasons out of it, only riding in fair weather, however, it has burned up at least half the threads in 1300 miles. So, while very comfortable right out of the box, I did not repeat the purchase for other bikes. I went b-17, c-17 carved, and Specialized Oura for the other 7 bikes.

And this seems to be the trend with the Selle Anatomica. I read threads where one gets years of service with little-no problems and others get "used up" in short order. Throw in a clydesdale or borderline clydesdale and the problems magnify... or maybe not. There will always be those who blame any and everything on user error and others who abuse gear then blame failure onthe gear.

But for whatever reason, it seems there is a wide variance in satisfaction rating surrounding the Selle Anatomica and I'm not necessarily convinced it is all about the user. I see SOME dissatisfaction with the Brooks but it is usually a matter of simply didn't like it for one reason or the other, rarely a result of some level of product failure.

Only one way for any individual (me) to answer that is to get a Brooks and compare the two under your (my) own butt.