View Single Post
Old 12-05-17, 08:50 AM   #14
Senior Guest
Bikes: cyclocross-Raleigh, road-Cannondale, Fausto Coppi, Jamis Endura.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Many years ago I used to carry only one tire level but could change flats relatively quick. On a long ride alone in the middle of nowhere I had a flat and the only tire level broke.
Took a lot of time, frustration and sticks from the side of the road to remove the tire from the rim. Since then I always carry two tire levers.

I also had cranks that loosen up had to be tightened by hand every few feet till I had to borrow an 8mm Allen wrench from a guy working in his garage(my multi-tool only had 6mm).

Had a brake cable broke on PBP and ended up riding in the rain till the next control with only one brake, but is was OK only descending was slow in the rain(changed the cable at the control).

One of my friends broke his front shiftier cable on a 600k. I helped him to adjust the front derailleur to small ring only, and he was spinning like crazy for the last couple of hours on the first day of a 600k. On the next day he was the fastest rider of our group and left us in the dust when climbing because spinning had caused him to recover faster
Andrey is online now   Reply With Quote