Old 12-07-17, 07:33 PM
superzxq

Bikes: Giant TXC, BMC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytriker
These fnhon, Banian, Trinx, Solorock & other Brands seem to all be built out of the same Chinese factory. What I think they are doing is selling specific brands to specific markets as I tried to get the Fnhon bikes into Canada which currently seem to be served by Solorock. The closest I could come was to importing the Banians. Since they are all made in the same factory I think the quality is comparable but I have only seen the Solorocks for a comparison.
They certainly seem like a decent made bike. Fit & finish were as good as anything else I have seen with maybe the different models having better or lesser component levels. These Banians for example come with a 3 speed derailleur set up. Maybe that's all you need for a city bike but I would have liked to have seen at least a 5 speed. I have 2 of these available - Brand New, still in the box for $450. u.s. each. 1 in the Green & White & one in the Black & Red. They were to be used as demonstrators for a new Bike Trailer that I am bringing to market in 2018 but have decided to go with the Vello Folding Bike.
Both Banian and Fnhon are copier of Dahon in China. As you may know, in China, the IP law is not so strict as USA or other western countries. They abuse the patent and technologies of Dahon and make very similar bike( some times just adjust some parts and design to avoid a 100% copy). Last month, Dahon won the lawsuit against Banian and Banian paid more than 100K RMB to Dahon and are prohibited to make some models in the future.