Thread: 2018 goals
View Single Post
Old 12-08-17, 07:17 AM
kensuf
My idea of fun

Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mollusk
He wants to do it and we have talked about it, but maybe it will never happen. He is still recovering from his brain surgery and going through a lot of awful radiation and chemo treatments. His skull is not healed so even riding a bike with a helmet is totally off the table. And all this medical intervention will only buy him is a couple of months with no chance of recovery, but it should get him a couple of good months if what I read online is accurate. And I don't know if he can even remember how to ride a bike, but if it is at all possible he wants to give it a try. He has already per-apologized for riding slowly and not allowing me a decent work-out. I just internally shook my head and wondered WTF.

Every time I ride now by myself is depressing because all I think about is what a cruel thing that has happened to him. I need to get over that. And knowing my friend he would want to kick my ass for feeling that way.

Oof sorry. Being out of the loop these days, I don't know who you're talking about, but I probably would. So sorry.