View Single Post
Old 12-11-17, 10:07 PM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Our couplers are behind the captains seat post and I find it very easy to pack in the S&S cases with basically each half of the bike in one case. Also I don't like the fact that with couplers in front of the seat post the front has unsupported top and down tube for packing. With our arrangement the front and rear sections are closed if that makes sense. We then just have two separate tubes that can be packed easily. Between this bike and our other one they have been in the cases at least 25 times and no frame damage ever. The frame bags we recently used were velcro however we are having a set of custom bags made by Jpaks. These are going to be held by frame mounts on the side and bottom but use lacing on the top. Calfee did not want us to add frame mounts on the top tubes so hence we went with lace on which is ideally less abrasion on the finish. Our adventure tandem is nude so it doesn't really matter but we have another Calfee which has a nice paint job and the same frame geometry and we can use the bags on it if we choose. BTW we love the bike ,it has exceeded our expectations and there is not much if anything I would change given a chance.