Old 12-13-17, 08:18 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2011 Surly Troll, 2015 Borealis Yampa, 1985 Trek 720

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I've been a committed cyclist for nearly 40 years. As a Minnesotan, I had seen them around for years, but I always thought they were just a silly niche bike. Four years ago, in late September, my sister-in-law, who works in the bike industry, got me on a fat bike. Within the first few minutes of that first ride I was hooked. It felt like I was seven years old again, riding dirt paths in the neighborhood. I picked up a demo Framed Minnesota 2.0 the following week. One of the first things I did was sell my indoor trainer. I also signed up for the Arrowhead Ultra (I was accepted, but couldn't ride that first year because of a family emergency, but I've ridden it the two years since). I spend a lot of time just knocking around in the woods on my fatty. I also commute with it in the winter. I'm on my second upgrade now, a 2015 Borealis Yampa. The used market, and what you can get for your money, is astounding, almost as good as 26er MTBs.