View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 09:27 AM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by cinco
Does that look like a Gipiemme crank with the interrupted flute to anyone else? Rekord maybe?

Edit: Also, did the '80 Super Leggera have chrome lugs like the '81 did? I don't have a catalog from 1980.
I was bored so I just watched that episode too. Didn't get any better shots of the bike than are pictured here, but I did have a good laugh at the (ahem...) $2,700 price tag and "Do you know a bike like that only weighs 7lbs!" Seeing a 308 again also brought back traumatic memories of tuning and balancing triple/quad-Weber DCNF engines. And I have to admit I did spend some time wondering why he was wearing pregnancy pants in the early part of the episode.

Good call. Gipemme crank. Yes. Looks like it's a Nuovo Racing. My LBS sold these. I'm thinking it was around 700-800 at the time. Later Nuovo Racing were made in Japan and less expensive.

Top of the line Super Corsa wouldn't have been that much less than $2700 at full retail. 2200 perhaps? Weight probably around 19.5 lbs.

I found this catalog. No doubt most have already seen it.

Last edited by Salamandrine; 12-23-17 at 09:33 AM.