Old 12-27-17, 04:57 PM
tomtomtom123

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 90 Posts
Dahon actually had a discontinued model like the Fnhon FA1818, but in 20" and Chromoly, instead of 18"and aluminum. Dahon called it Impulse. Last model year seems to be 2007/2008. There was even a TR version with racks and a Dual Drive.

I found a guy in a small auto repair shop who welded my Speed TR frame, permanently, so it will no longer fold. I'll put it back together tomorrow and see if it works, then I can still get around while I look around for a new bike when businesses start opening up after the holidays. I removed the paint around the edges of the hinge with a Dremel-like tool so he didn't have to do anything else but to weld for a few minutes. I just forgot to wait longer for the weld to cool down, and burned my hand. Hurt for a couple hours!

There are a lot of Dahon Vigor available near here, and it appears to be the same frame as a Vector, which shares the same hinge as the Mu, but the Vigor / Vector has a larger cross section in the main beam. The hinge has a long vertical clamp on the right side, so it would seem to be more stable than the very thin lever on the Chromoly Speed (same flimsy lever pictured on the Impulse above). Anyone have experience comparing the Vector / Mu hinge to the Visc with the top tube?