ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
Umm, the issue is that it makes for a mile long post in my email updates. PS My phones are cordless bondagephones and they are happy about it, I borrow cellphone for calls, build PCs from used stuff. Last Apple I had my hands on was an ancient Macintosh I was looking at for a friend and I GAVE them a Dell OptiPlex, had to teach them to avoid spam through not signing up for everything and now they have a much better computer anyway.
I get that too. I come from the perspective of an application developer, so some of these things have more meaning to me. If they want screenshots, we can of course provide them, but I don't see much of anything in there that would identify which ads might be the culprit here. They all look like junk popups that seize the browser tab and redirect to something or another (not yet determined what that is). But maybe I am wrong - maybe to the techs the screenshots are useful, but I would make the observation that this problem has been around for a while and the information that they do have seems to be insufficient to resolve the issue. And I would also make the observation that whomever is doing this is trying to obfuscate what it is that they are doing in order to make it harder to filter out.

The landing pad URL that I found earlier can be found in a discussion here:

https://blog.confiant.com/hands-on-w...s-fa3c3623fd22

Basically everything I found earlier looking at the base64 that was posted earlier is also seen and discussed.

Next time I see this on my phone, I will capture the data myself to try and see if the current popups have the same signature.