View Single Post
Old 01-04-18, 12:56 PM
snow_echo_NY

Bikes: Scott Genius, Surly Crosscheck, Yuba Mundo cargo, Specialized Dolce Triple (stolen 5/8/15)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i rode in! wrote up a ride report. it wasn't great. the winds were high and the snow is coming in really fast and sideways.

it's grey and a complete blizzard here on the east coast. white out conditions. the snow is coming in sideways and it's coming in fast and hard. it's really white out conditions here but not much accumulation i would say about 1 in when i was out there this morning - but the wind keeps blowing it around. it's cold here so nothing is melting really. but it's a ghost town.

i biked in on my bike - changed out my tires this morning for studded tires. it was slippery. almost nothing was plowed. as i got onto the bridge i finally saw the plow descending the bridge to plow the entrance way which i just went thru. i pulled over, gave a wave and kept going. it was surreal but i've seen this all before - just not in awhile i would say. when i got to manhattan - still nothing plowed. but the bldg porters were out there in full force clearing the sidewalks. only there were hardly any pedestrians, nor cars out there. it was deserted for sure. so i rode the sidewalks b/c the streets were too slippery, i was getting pushed around in the uneven snow.

it looks like "snowmageddon" out there. dark and scary.