Old 01-05-18, 07:39 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, Perfekt 3 Speed -age unknown, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Originally Posted by mibike View Post
There are other settings that affect battery life. Using GPS only without GLONASS is one thing that helps.
WAAS is also something that consumes a bit more power, I leave that off too. That cuts accuracy a bit, but you will still find the road intersections just fine with it off.

Originally Posted by Flounce View Post
Thanks for all the information, very helpful.

I read about Passthrough cache batteries on a website , they recommended a number of them:

https://www.cyclingabout.com/best-dy...fer-batteries/
Thanks for posting that link, I was unaware of it.

A quick additional note: After owning some power banks that did not have any means of telling me if they were 20 percent charged or 80 percent charged or somewhere in between, I have developed a strong preference for ones that have several different LEDs that will tell me roughly how much of a charge I have in it.

I took the photo while on a tour in Iceland, the campground owner was doing some construction and left an extension cord out overnight so I could charge some batteries. I was running power into two Brunton Ember 2800 powerbanks and from there was then running power into a total of four AA batteries in a pair of Eneloop AA battery chargers. On those Brunton powerbanks I could push a button and it would light up some LEDs and to give me a rough idea on how much power they had in them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20IMGP2630.JPG (302.0 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Tourist in MSN; 01-05-18 at 07:56 PM.