View Single Post
Old 01-06-18, 06:49 PM
fasthair

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
1996 Cannondale H600… Ol’ Blue

I’ve been meaning to post my bikes here in this thread for some time now. Most of them have been posted on these forums before in their own threads. Some have stories, some don’t. Posted in order in which I got them.

This 1996 Panama Blue (matte) H600 came my way from a friend. Her health didn’t allow her to ride it any longer so she gave it to me for free. She bought it new from a local bike shop and it’s all 100% original other than the Brooks B17 saddle she installed on it and of course the SPD pedals I installed. She even had a Cannondale handlebar bag installed when she bought it.

The rear derailleur is Shimano STX 7 speed, Grip Shift SRT 400 shifters, front derailleur and crank are Alivio. Brakes are Shimano cantilever and the hubs are Acera X HB-290 with Sun L18 rims. Seat post is a CODA 9000 suspension post that still functions. The only thing that needs repaired is the DD25 Headshok as one might aspect with a bike of this age. The lockout still works but the elastomer spring is toast.

Ol' Blue doesn’t get many pleasure miles anymore, instead is used for utility duty hauling groceries or trips to the mall for supplies which the hybrid is perfect for. As i said in the original post on this bike, this is the bike that showed me what a quality bike is and showed me I wanted a road bike. (link to my 2009 Synaspe 5) This bike is still very much fun to ride for those lazy, easy going trips around the 'hood.

fasthair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
96 H600 02 (Custom).jpg (221.8 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg
96 H600 01 (Custom).jpg (175.4 KB, 566 views)