Old 01-07-18, 01:09 AM
snow_echo_NY

Bikes: Scott Genius, Surly Crosscheck, Yuba Mundo cargo, Specialized Dolce Triple (stolen 5/8/15)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm
Hey I only just now read the title of this thread !

Didn't anyone get caught in that snowstorm we had a couple weeks ago? I was riding home from the station that afternoon, it was coming down hard, building up fast. Good times! I like riding in an inch or two of fresh snow. The drivers freak out, though, which spoils the fun.
I didn’t - was away on holiday or out of town when it happened- hah that’s very true.

I should update - I didn’t ride back home bc winds picked up to 35 mph from 25 mph and I also got a flat tire when I returned to the bike (indoor storage) I must have pumped it too much? The tube was 2 years old at that point. Didn’t have a patch kit or extra tube cuz I hardly use the tires... tried repumping but it was not holding air. Rode the subway back and read my book instead. Today I went to the bike shop and got it replaced - and bought an extra tube and patch kit.

Fri I didn’t get to ride bc LBS was closed. Heard from my husband that it was a mess and the bridge was the best part as it was clear.