Old 01-09-18, 04:33 PM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
[QUOTE=TimothyH;20100333
Other than that, how do you like the 8050? Do you think it will help with chain slap and dropping the chain on rough surfaces? That's my hope.

-Tim-[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with chain slap or dropping the chain on rough surfaces. In fact, I've done a LOT of rough gravel racing on 6870, including the Dirty Kanza 200, and never had a single issue. But I'm pretty meticulous about chain length / spec because I don't want to have those problems. And I have always used the GS version of the rd for gravel racing. I don't know if that has anything to do with my experiences being different.

Other than the cross-chaining thing, I don't see a huge difference with 8050. I'm using Dura Ace 9170 levers and brakes, and I like those a lot -- but I don't know how different they might be from 8070. As you might expect, they are nicer than the 6870 pieces. (Probably not worth the price difference. I didn't have to pay the upcharge.) But I very much like the current setup. Hopefully, I'm one e-Tube session away from complete happiness.

Last edited by FlashBazbo; 01-09-18 at 04:39 PM.