Old 01-12-18, 07:17 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
You cannot really post a video directly here and I am not interested in signing up for a YouTube Channel.

Now that I am retired, I no longer cycle during rush hour for the most part. That has significantly reduced such road rager contact to almost none.

My more serious encounters have been very much like the shirtless guy in the news article. Road rager gets out of the car/truck, you point to the camera and road rager runs back to car/truck.

Another method is watch for motorist in the mirror lining up for a close pass, hold out the wrist mounted camera for them to see and they stop the close pass. This still happens about once a week.

There was a CDL Cement truck driver that did not see the camera and intentionally forced me off the road. After I caught up to him at a red light and pointed to the camera, he pulled off the road and begged for my forgiveness. He must have had prior bad acts and my video would cost him his job.

There is the famous Colorado video that got the State police to end a road ragers harassment of cyclist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yERedxJSfVs

While most states are more advanced in their domestic abuse laws by allowing the police to file the complaint, Hawaii still requires the victim to file or nothing will happen. Last week, I videoed a homeless guy punching his girl repeatedly in the face. Sadly, the video will go to waste and this violent guy will still be camping out next to the bike path.

Of course there are still some road ragers that just cannot help themselves even though they know they are on video.
I don't really post here much anymore, however it is easy enough to post a link to a file. (mp4, mov, ogv, should playback in most modern browsers)

Youtube sucks, I never had an account there, and never will, they make what should be a simple task, all too complicated.

Last edited by SHBR; 01-12-18 at 07:22 PM.