Old 01-12-18, 08:47 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Do my supplements help? So my wife and I were doing a short whole-body weight workout at the gym yesterday. One of the trainers was watching us. After I finished my bench set, he came over and asked me my age. I said 72 and he said, "You're the strongest person your age I've ever seen. I've never been able to train a guy your age to do what you do." I was flabbergasted. Yeah, so his view is pretty limited, though some very strong people train at our gym, but the thing is, I'm NOTHING. Zip for talent. It's all been "just training." And maybe my supplements help me train harder, more frequently. It is noticeable to me that I can get more wrecked training than I used to before I started some of these particular supplements. Pumping out 2 more reps is not a neutral activity. It means I'm going to hurt more tomorrow. That's what's noticeable, since it's impossible to notice the extra 2 reps.

Since I don't have to ride against any of you, I'd encourage trying out some of that stuff, see if you notice anything.