just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
^^

Not trying to challenge. Sincerely asking.

Were either of your parents or grandparents particularly virile as they aged? I wonder if you weren't blessed with being born at the deep end of the gene pool.

-Tim-
My mom, totally not athletic, but plenty female. I never really knew my father, but he did have 10 wives. "Some people have to marry everyone." Yeah, he was probably pretty virile, a good early match. My older brother once broke out all the windows in his car with a fire axe, over a romantic issue. Even in America! But my aerobic ability was always terrible. The month I joined the Army, I hiked 300 miles, yet I almost had to repeat Basic because I had trouble breaking an 8 minute mile. Except for the handicapped guy, I was the slowest guy in the platoon. It took me years to be able to keep up with the guys in my group ride. And as I've said before, it's almost impossible for me to put on protein. A pound a year is good for me. OTOH, that is actually a cycling talent, so I do have that. My mom made it to 92 and died essentially from osteoporosis, though in dementia. Looks like I'm headed there too, eh?