View Single Post
Old 01-13-18, 04:15 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4494 Post(s)
Liked 6,300 Times in 3,633 Posts
I can see why you were drawn to it, fabulous color to start, great looking overall. Can we be enlightened to what it actually is, my spidey sense has got nothing even though there is a pretty good peek of the headbadge.

Originally Posted by non-fixie
There are lots of things I like when it comes to bikes, that may all trigger a buy. But rarely it is just love at first sight.

However, that was the case with this frame. It was sitting at a swap meet and caught my eye because of its vibrant purple color. A brand I'd never heard of, no interesting parts. Just a frame of a kind (age, size) that I already had plenty of. I decided I really didn't need another one, bought a nice TA triple crank set form the seller, and moved on.

But I couldn't put it out of my head. So pretty. Every time I passed that stall again, I would look, hoping it'd be gone. But no. Hours later, when it was time to go home, I passed it again. Still there. I measured it, hoping it would too small after all. No. Perfect. So I gave in and paid the €50 the seller wanted for it.

I took my time with the build, to make sure it would do the frame justice and would be as nice to ride as it is to look at. Four years on, and I'm still in love with it. Whereas the rest of my bikes are mostly stored out of sight, the one is always kept close, either in the living room, the hallway or my study.