Old 01-13-18, 06:51 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4669 Post(s)
Liked 5,768 Times in 2,272 Posts
Beauticious day in Portlandia! It started overcast and cool, but dry. @ollo_ollo was first to arrive, bringing his art noueau fork for attempted straightening.

One side mostly straight:

That's a lot of bending. The steerer was straight, most of the "unbending" seemed to occur in the upper fork blades. From the ease of cold setting, this was obviously a lower strength steel. I was able to cold set to a offset of about 50mm. The dropouts were parallel and in-line before it left the shop.

One by one the riders met up at Atelier Gugie:

Front left to right: @vitaly66, @jyl, @Aggiegrad, @Insidious C., @Andy_K and @ollo_ollo

As usual, Andy will post the real left to right info soon after this hits I hit save.

We got to the cafe in Scholls quickly.

The backside of the ride was done at a quick pace. The unseasonably "warm" weather kept us quite comfortable - the temperature topped out at 59F! We got back to the Atelier, some headed back home by car, others by bike, @Aggiegrad and I rode down to the local pub for a pint. Those who attended last year's Neal Lerner Tribute ride will be happy to know that the British Bombay IPA was in stock, so of course I ordered it. Not bad, not bad at all...