spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3388 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by rossiny View Post
Wow just wow is all I can say.. Being born in Sicily many years ago.. I visited back there when I was much younger.. U will be surprised any stop u make along the way will be a treat.. U stop at a gas station and think ..oh junk food and slushy and find the most amazing breads and lunch meats and all kind of good food... Enjoy... Never biked there but must be amazing.. PS u may fall in love..

Yes they have places like that along with American type supermarkets. But what is really cool is town. There is a shop for everything. They don't have a bakery like they have in the States or I have never seen one there. What they do have is a place that just sells pies, another for cakes and yet another for breads. There are shops that sell nothing but pasta. And of course, nothing but gelato which is my favorite shop.

Another tip. Avoid going into a restaurant in your bike clothes. It just isn't done there. They will be polite enough but you will also feel like you are getting the cold shoulder. Sandwich shops and McDonald's (yes they have McDonald's ) are OK with bike clothes. Or pickup lunch at the market as I mentioned.