View Single Post
Old 01-14-18, 10:13 AM
mohamilton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rm -rf View Post
What's the bike trail like, north of Xenia? It appears to just parallel the highway, with a thin line of trees at the trail. The Little Miami Trail is very scenic from it's southern end near Mariemont, up to the Spring Valley area north of Corwin OH.

Here's a route. I didn't try to avoid hills, but it's still pretty low elevation gain. Convenience stores or restaurants are available in the larger towns -- check with google maps.
I used the Strava Route Builder to pick roads past Blanchester -- it tries to follow the most popular cycling roads from uploaded strava ride recordings.
Cincinnati-Columbus route

Are you doing this as a multi-day tour? I didn't consider an overnight stop.
Out and back, or one-way? It would be easy to make a different return route.

There's alternate routes to avoid the climb at the 10 mile mark, but that's a scenic area in Indian Hill OH. The route takes the trail briefly on it's way to Loveland OH at the 23 mile mark.

From mile 23 Loveland OH to mile 78 at Washington Court House OH, most of those roads are nice for cycling, with little traffic. I just avoid the major highways as much as possible.

I don't know the roads north of Washington Court House, but it's pretty flat, and I'm guessing that most of the country roads will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Other ideas:
I don't know the Chillicothe area at all, but it's probably an interesting route to go there, then head north on the route of the TOSRV ride along the Scioto River valley.

I see there's a newer bike trail from Washington C.H. to Chillicothe, the Tri County Triangle Trail. I don't know anything about it -- but it appears to be paved? Getting on it around Austin OH might be an alternative to the busy main highways OH-28, US-50, US-35 into Chillicothe.

~~~
Or, take the Little Miami Trail from Cincinnati to around Corwin, then do roads from there.

This is perfect! Thank you! North of Xenia gets pretty very boring - strait route, surrounded by fields. I'll be biking up to columbus a few times this summer so some rides will be 1 day there 1 day back and others may be a few day tour to change it up. I have family up there so i'd like to bike up more instead of driving.