Old 01-17-18, 01:13 PM
pesty
Master Sarcaster

Bikes: 2018 Allez Sprint, 2016 Trek Crockett Canti

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My personal opinion, if your rims are tubeless ready, run tubeless. If you run tubeless, my new favorite is the Panaracer Evo 3. Really grippy tire, seems to have good puncture protection, good traction in the wet. If you never ride in the wet, Schwalbe Pro One is a really fast tire with good dry grip. I also have a set of Maxxis Padrones on one of my pairs of wheels, which is better wet grip than the Schwalbe, but not quite as fast. But if I were looking for another pair of tires today, I'd be looking for deals on the Panaracer.

Standard clinchers, well... I haven't ridden them in about 10 years, but my favorites were always Vittoria Open Corsa CXs. I tired a few sets of Conti's including the 4000's that everyone seems to love, as well as the Attack/Force, and wasn't that big of a fan. Just didn't have the subtle comfortable ride of the Vittoria's. Honestly, if tubeless wasn't as close to the Vittoria in ride feel, I'd probably still be riding them.

All that being said, you really haven't given us anything to go off of in terms of what conditions you ride, what types of roads, potential road hazards, etc. Some tires might be better in certain conditions than others.