View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 05:52 PM
Kevindale

Bikes: 1980 Koga-Miyata Gentsluxe-S, 1998 Eddy Merckx Corsa 01, 1983 Tommasini Racing, 2012 Gulf Western CAAD10, 1980 Univega Gran Premio

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
1980 Motobecane Grand Jubile

Events are likely to lead me to let go of some bike projects. I picked up this fairly original 1980 Moto Grand Jubile with the thought of repurposing the parts and trying to swap the frame for one that fits. I'll likely need to put in on the New Orleans CL for a sale in the next couple of weeks. I started to disassemble it for cleaning and lubing (removed cables and housings, calipers, levers, FD, stem, and bars).

Overall it's in excellent shape, and will clean up well, but needs a good cleaning, all bearings replaced or at least relubed, rear wheel trued, and new cables/housings/bar tape.

Motobecane Grand Jubile 25 (61cm c:c)
'New Blue' w/ round name plate
Frame: VITUS 172 main tubes, seat stays 0.16, curved flat tops, oval chain stays, forgets tips with positioning screws
Lugs: BOCAMA Professional
Fork: VITUS 172 blades, contoured forged Delta crown, forged tips, Italian style chrome plating
Headset: Motobecane (professional black lug nut?)
Handlebar: Alloy MB racing bend, patented MB soft sleeves with lever hoods
Stem: SR stem with recessed bolt
Brakes: WEINMANN VAINQUER racing drilled levers with QR
Derailleur: SUNTOUR Cyclone GT front and rear
Shifters: SUNTOUR VX (LD 1900) downtube shifters
Crankset: NERVAR 1020 40x52 alloy cotterless, alloy chainguard
Pedals: SR SP 100BL alloy
Wheels: Rigida 13/20 alloy with Elan 27 x 7/8 tires
Hubs: NORMANDY large flange front and rear with QR
Saddle: ANATOMIQUE suede top
Seatpost: PAPRADE CTP5 with SIMPLEX binder bolt
Chain: SEDISPORT standard
Cluster: Maillard or Maeda 6s block 14 to 32

The above is from the catalog, and it looks accurate (except not sure what tires are on it - they've never been ridden, but are dry).

Am I nuts to sell this partly disassembled in the winter? If I do that, what should I ask? Or should I sell the frame and wheels and keep the deraillers and cranks?