Arschgaudi

Bikes: Merckx Team SC, Masi (fixed), Merckx Cyclo-Cross

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Making Money With A Cargo Bike

Greetings,

I've fallen in love with the idea of a cargo bike and in particular the LvH Bullitt.

An old racing buddy of mine sells them and I've got the space in the garage to keep it. So I'm dialed in.

But, if I buy one more bike my wife will (fill in the blank).

I thought, well, if I can make enough money in one summer to pay for it, I'll pull the trigger.

Good, good...ok...how do I make money?

A delivery service of course.

In my opinion, I live in a perfect area for it. I live on the far south side of Chicago in the Beverly neighborhood. It's full of young families just getting started as well as an aging populace. Less than a half mile from where I'm typing is a brand new outdoor mall with many chain stores: Meijer, Menards, Sams, Walmart, as well as a ton of others.

There are 2 big hospitals within minutes, more grocery stores than you care to count, and plenty of liquor stores.

Making the picture even more ideal is the infrastructure. I can get into most of these places by cutting through neighborhoods and crossing very few major streets. It couldn't be much safer.

I work evenings so I've got mornings and early afternoons free.

I've got a solid foundation planned but I'm at a loss.

I don't know how to begin.

I've looked into the grocery delivery apps and am considering them, but I'd rather be more of an independent.

So I come here looking for advice/encouragement.

If I can make $200 per week that would be enough to pay for the bike. Also, I'm super fussy about my bikes and keep them clean and well maintained all the time. If things don't go well, I'd put the cargo bike on eBay and liquidate it.

Feel free to tell me to save my money for something else, like retirement.