View Single Post
Old 01-26-18, 07:20 PM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Of course being way more active will help you stay trim and perhaps look younger. And good job giving up autos, I could not but do admire those that can. I was quite out of shape in my 20's, so I can say without regard to genetics that running, cycling, and living a more active and healthy lifestyle made a huge difference (I've dropped about 50 lbs since my 20's). The biggest drop for me was actually when I started cutting my own firewood. Felling, bucking, loading, unloading, splitting (by hand with axe), and stacking about 4 cords or so per year is a ton of work and calories! That's around 20,000 lbs you're moving about 4-5 times. Also splitting wood with an axe is great therapy and stress relief lol. Until I give up my city job and turn full homesteader I won't be giving up my vehicle, well even being a homesteader would be hard without a truck but not impossible.